Goals & Programs Objective:
The main goals and objectives of BE (Energy Systems Engineering) program are to produce engineers:
To understand contemporary issues and the impacts of technology on society and environment. The specific objectives are to produce engineers who possess:
- To contribute in the field of Energy Systems Engineering focusing on renewable energy systems. The specific objectives are to:
- Acquire and apply professional knowledge in science, mathematics and core disciplines of engineering
- Develop oral & written communication skills and to apply technical knowledge for problem solving and independent learning.
- Appreciate the application of engineering practices to address societal needs, especially energy crises.
- To serve corporate enterprises and to initiate entrepreneurship with their acquired scientific and technical skills. The objectives are to:
- Design & conduct experiments as well as to analyze & interpret data.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams for socio-economic uplift of the society.
- Develop components, processes and systems to meet the engineering requirements.
- Make use of modern tools needed for sustainable alternate energy systems
To create awareness to promote the national moral and establish legal & ethical practices to help create a crime-free and just society. The specific objectives are to produce engineers who:
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest issues and emerging technologies.
- Thorough understanding of the humanities and social sciences.
- Awareness of the impacts of products on the environment.
To demonstrate intellectual capabilities in research and practical engineering problems. The specific objectives are to produce engineers who possess the ability to:
- Uphold ethical and moral values in their respective disciplines.
- Understand legal, cultural, ethnic norms.
To possess technical engineering skills to function effectively in the work environment as well as in the society. The specific objectives are to produce engineers having capability to:
- Apply natural and mathematical sciences to solve engineering problems.
- Use the most relevant equipment, engineering tools and techniques.
- Recognize engineering problems and provide sustainable solutions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Lead and work as effective team members.